The autor Georg Klein asked me if I would like to do a short with him, from one of his novels. We choosed one from his book “Die Logik der Süße” (The logic of sweetness). After we finished the animatic, we met and recorded and shooted him. It took me around six month to shoot, paint and animate the remaining scenes.
Scientists observe a tribe, which lives peacefully outside the external world in the rainforest. They know no form of writing and communicate only with their simple dances. After some month of abstinence, the scientists visit the tribe again and discover, that their whole behavior has changed completely. They pray to a skull-god and menace the scientist. Now they use weird signs, which they paint on themselves. The scientists have to find out what happened.
- narratorGeorg Klein
- TunguLin Nan Zhang
- director / animatorMarc Rühl
- screenplayGeorg Klein
- music / sounddesignKay Bader
- photographyHeinrich Zimmermann
- gafferThomas Kneffel / Heinrich Zimmermann
- sound recording / sound mixingBernd Zimmermann
- make-upKatharina Rachor
- productionOffenbach University of Art and Design / Éléphant Terrible
- Thank youMichael Jordan / Rotraut Pape / Alexander Oppermann / Jan Eichberg / Felix Schmilinsky / Katharina Rachor / Kai Rühl / Ivan Roblez Mendoza / Lernstudio Medizin University FFM / Haardesign Birol